In November, leaders of state-wide organizations and advocates addressing issues of concern to women of Maryland participated in a conference to identify potential legislative initiatives for the 2014 Maryland General Assembly. Those initiatives then constituted a ballot which members of MLAW considered. Members were asked to identify what they believed were the top initiatives for the MLAW Legislative Agenda 2015.
The MLAW Board of Directors reviewed the results of the balloting and identified issues that will comprise the MLAW Legislative Agenda 2015. The issues selected are listed below and described in more detail here: MLAW 2015 Agenda – Bill Synopsis.
- Midwife Licensure
- Protective Orders – Relief for Victims of Dating and Sexual Violence
- Akin’s Law
- Domestic Violence – Protective Orders – Additional Relief
- Maryland Earned Sick and Safe Leave Act
- State Personnel – Limits of Use of Leave for Birth, Adoption, Foster Placement or Care of Child
- Paid Family and Medical Leave – Feasibility Study